CPD Program Manager
We now have an opportunity for a highly motivated lawyer to join our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) team as a Program Manager. This is a full-time position.
The CPD team designs, plans, advertises and co-ordinates the delivery of Continuing Professional Development programs including workshops, seminars, conferences, and intensives for a range of participants including lawyers, legal support staff and other professionals. We also provide programs for the corporate sector.
For more info and to apply:
Applications close: 29 October 2019
Lawyer Mentor Practical Legal Training Course (PLT)
12 months Fixed Term Contract
We are seeking experienced Lawyers/Educators to join our dedicated team of Mentors, on a fixed-term contract (with the possibility of permanence after 12 months).
The role will primarily suit a lawyer who wishes to use their legal experience in a different way and who has:
- Tertiary qualification in law and eligibility to practise law in Victoria
- Minimum 5 years of legal practice experience in at least two of the practice areas taught in the PLT and specified by the National Competency Standards
- Demonstrated teaching and supervision skills
- Skills in the use of technology in learning
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Educational and/or training qualifications are desirable but not essential.
Many of us enjoy passing on our knowledge, helping the next generation. Leo Cussen Centre for Law often has room for new instructors to assist with our Practical Legal Training (PLT) courses and Continuing Professional Development workshops, and for presenters at CPD seminars and conferences.
There are lots of good reasons for becoming a speaker/presenter at Leo Cussen:
- Give something back to the profession by sharing your expertise
- Help young lawyers in the place where you once stood
- Grow your own reputation as a legal authority
- Add to your own knowledge and experience through teaching
- Make new and useful connections
- Enjoy the reward of your audience’s gratitude
If you would like to be a Leo Cussen instructor or presenter, please register your interest with us by completing this Information Sheet, and then send it with a current resume that includes two referees – at least one of whom is connected to your experience in education and training – to firstname.lastname@example.org.